Matthew P. Horak
Attorney Matt Horak is a Houston-based attorney who is devoted the protection of Houstonians' rights to a fair trial. As a criminal defense attorney in Houston and a former Assistant District Attorney for Harris County, Matt is experienced with both sides of a criminal trial. Mr. Horak will fully investigate your criminal case and ensure that the prosecution doesn't overstep their bounds and tread on your rights to defense.
Matt Horak is experienced in defending clients who have a criminal case involving charges such as DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) related offenses, traffic crimes, theft and other property crimes, assault and other violent crimes, probation and parole violations, drug charges, domestic violence, and juvenile crimes. His training and experience both as a prosecuting attorney and a defender give him valuable insight into the prosecution's case and knowledge of what procedures they must uphold to ensure a fair trial.
Matt is a graduate of the University of Houston's Law Center, where he was a contributor for the UH Health Law Journal. Prior to his legal education in Houston, Matt Horak graduated from Texas A&M Corpus Christi with honors, earning a Bachelor's degree in European History. Even before earning his J.D. at UH in 2003, he was involving himself in criminal trial litigation as an assistant to Attorney Terry Yates. For several years now, Matt Horak has devoted himself to the practice of criminal trial litigation in the Houston area. If you've been accused of a crime in Harris or any of the surrounding counties, contact Attorney Matt Horak today for a detailed, personal, free case evaluation.
- Texas Bar, 2003
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas (Federal Court), 2006
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, 2003, J.D.
- Law Journal: University of Houston Law Journal, Health Law Journal, 2002 - 2003
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Corpus Christi, Texas, 1999, B.A.
- With Honors, Dean's List
- Major: European History
- University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee, 1996
- Major: European Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Harris County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2006, Member
- Texas County and District Attorney Association, 2003 - 2006, Member
- Houston Bar Association, 2003 - 2006
- Texas Bar Association, 2003 - 2006
- N.W. Harris County Bar Association, 2006
Past Employment Positions:
- Harris County District Attorney's Office, Assistant District Attorney, 2003 - 2006
- Law Offices of Terry Yates, Assistant to Attorney Terry Yates, 2002 - 2003